Tabula Rasa Bookclub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Miscellaneous Stuff

2 posters

Go down

Miscellaneous Stuff Empty Miscellaneous Stuff

Post  Admin Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:28 pm

Please feel free to use this thread as a place where you can openly discuss other literature, music, stories, or events that you find interesting. Though this is a "book club," the point of this forum is to enhance your life through the means of art, no descriminations! If you read an intersting article in the New Yorker, share with others the piece and your thoughts. If you have recently attended a music festival, share your experience or memories... ((this all goes back to the whole humanism philosophy))

Admin
Admin

https://tabularasabc.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Miscellaneous Stuff Empty Exit Through the Gift Shop

Post  mannorka Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:01 pm

I just recently watched 'Exit Through the Gift Shop' which is [if you don't know] a film, in a sense, about street art. I don't want to go into detail for those who have not yet seen it, but in the end it poses the question: what is art? What Thierry Guetta created, the objects themselves, do they qualify as art? Or was his art in the process itself, his ability to become a street art icon essentially overnight? Or is Banksy (the defacto producer of the film) the artist, taking the sort of "natural experiment" that presented itself to him and creating a piece of art that was bigger than its constituent parts.

If you haven't seen the film, watch it, then get back with me.

mannorka

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum